Convenient & Easy Payment Methods:
- Schedule a payment
- Set-up paperless billing
- View billing & payment history
- Set-up & manage AutoPay
- Manage and pay multiple accounts
- Stop or Transfer Services
- Pay by ACH for free.
- If you pay by credit or debit card, a $1.95 processing fee will apply.
Don't have an online account yet? Register for Online Access
- No account registration or login required
- Just need your account number
- A $1.95 processing fee will apply to all transactions via this option
CALL TOLL-FREE: 1-877-565-3802
- A $1.95 processing fee will apply to all transactions made through this payment option.
- Transactions are limited to $500 or less.
PHONE and ONLINE payments made prior to 7 p.m. will be posted to your account the next day. Payments made after 7 p.m. will be posted within 48 hours. For each payment, you will receive a confirmation number for your records.
MAIL PAYMENTS TO:
Birmingham Water Works Board
P.O. Box 830269
Birmingham, AL 35283-0269
CUSTOMER PAYMENT CENTER:
101 35th Street North Birmingham, AL 35222
Lobby Hours: M-F 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
Drive-Thru Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
DropBox: Available 24 hours. Payments will post next business day.
Phone: (205) 244-4000
WALMART MONEY CENTER
- You will need your BWWB bill or account number
- Make payments using cash or debit card
- Payments will post immediately to your BWWB account
- Walmart will charge a $2 transaction fee for payments made at their location.
Customer Payment Assistance
Birmingham Water Works is committed to making water service affordable. We continually evaluate our rates and work to efficiently provide you with high-quality water and service. Sometimes our customers need help to pay their bill, and our representatives will work with you to determine a payment option that will help your situation. For customers experiencing an unexpected financial hardship, we can determine if an extended due date or payment plan is appropriate. Please call Customer Service at (205) 244-4000 to discuss payment options.
Birmingham Water Works customers that meet income and situational eligibility requirements can receive help through the Help to Others (H20) Foundation, a nonprofit entity that is separate from Birmingham Water Works. The H20 Foundation works to provide financial and plumbing repair assistance to those in the Birmingham area that cannot afford their water and sewer bill, or who may benefit from having repairs made to leaky or faulty plumbing repairs that will result in a lower water and sewer bill. This program is administered by the Salvation Army and funded by generous donations from Birmingham Water Works customers, community partners, and employees. Please visit our H20 Foundation page to learn more about eligibility and how to get started.
How to Read Your Meter
Your meter has a number displayed similar to the one pictured here. Read the number from left to right. Numbers with a black background are not used in the calculation of your monthly water consumption.
To calculate your usage, subtract the prior meter reading (provided on your statement) from your current reading. The results will indicate the amount of water used in CCFs - hundred cubic feet. To convert this usage to gallons, multiply the amount by 748.